Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (20)

Waiting on Wednesday/s are hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine in which you choose a book or books that you're excited and waiting for.
This week's Waiting on Wednesday book is:
Title: Phoenix (Black City Chronicles #2)
Author: Elizabeth Richards
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Publication date: June 4th 2013
Pre-order the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

The much anticipated second book in the enthralling Black City series.

Engaged to be married, Ash and Natalie are just starting to build a life together, when things in the United Sentry States go from bad to worse. Ash and Natalie find themselves at the center of the turmoil when dictator Purian Rose threatens Natalie’s life unless Ash votes in favor of Rose’s law—a law that will send Darklings and other dissenters to a deadly concentration camp known as the Tenth.

Ash can’t bring himself to trade Natalie’s life for those of millions of Darklings. The only way to save everyone is to escape Black City and find the Ora, a powerful weapon that could take down Purian Rose for good. But fleeing the city and finding this weapon is easier said than done, if it even exists, and becomes a quest that could tear Ash and Natalie apart, even pushing them into the arms of others.

Fast-paced and absorbing, Phoenix is a delicious, steamy can’t-put-down read.
(Summary from Good Choice Reading)

Why I'm excited for this:
I'm pretty sure everyone who has read Black City understands my need for this book. Not only is the cover stunning but the summary (the not revised one?) literally killed me, Ash and Natalie canNOT be pushed into the arms of other people. They just can't. I am now going to go sit in a corner and cry a bit. Thank you.

Leave us a comment with your WoW pick and we'll check it out! :)

7 comments:

  1. Ooh I cannot wait for this one either! Loved Black City!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first book yet so I'm waiting more on that one but Phoenix looks great too. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so lucky for being able to read the first book! I'm dying to read Black City!

    And oh, please don't cry. I can't comfort you because I haven't read the first book so I can't relate with you. LOL

    Check out my pick here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Black City here to read and even though I haven't read it I'm still excited for this one! lol. I love the cover!

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to hurry up and read the first book! Maybe I'll get to it before the new year... EEP!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick. I love the covers of these books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choice and cover, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete