Sunday, February 23, 2014

ARC Review: Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Title: Into the Still Blue (Under the Never SKy #3)
Author: Veronica Rossi
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication date: January 28th 2014
Source: Received from publicist (Thanks, Megan!)
Buy the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble



The race to the Still Blue has reached a stalemate. Aria and Perry are determined to find this last safe haven from the Aether storms before Sable and Hess do--and they are just as determined to stay together.

Within the confines of a cave they're using as a makeshift refuge, they struggle to reconcile their people, Dwellers and Outsiders, who are united only in their hatred of their desperate situation. Meanwhile, time is running out to rescue Cinder, who was abducted by Hess and Sable for his unique abilities. Then Roar arrives in a grief-stricken fury, endangering all with his need for revenge.

Out of options, Perry and Aria assemble an unlikely team for an impossible rescue mission. Cinder isn't just the key to unlocking the Still Blue and their only hope for survival--he's also their friend. And in a dying world, the bonds between people are what matter most.

In this final book in her earth-shattering Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi raises the stakes to their absolute limit and brings her epic love story to an unforgettable close.

(Image and summary taken from Goodreads.)

Review:

Geraldine and I have are both insanely huge fans of this series and for us, the books continue to keep getting better until we finally got to the final book... and it was perfect. Watching a series grow into what it is now is one of the perks of being a fan from the beginning and seeing the way this series developed leaves tears in my eyes; because it wasn't just the characters evolving into more mature and responsible characters, it's also seeing the way the author's writing changes and becomes more fluid because she has finally found her own rhythm. It's like a bird watcher watching a mama bird teach its babies how to fly by throwing them off the tree, heartwarming, slightly creepy and scary. (Don't fall and die, baby bird!)

I can sum up Aria in this book using one word: SOFREAKINGBADASSLIKEOMGPLEASESOMEONEGIVETHATGIRLAMEDALOFHONORANDBADASSERYORSOMETHINGBECAUSESHEISSOOOCOOLANDISERIOUSLYHAVEAGIRLCRUSHONHER. Told you. But seriously speaking, Aria grew from a slightly obnoxious and elitist girl to a badass, semi-warrior woman. I love how compassionate she is and how much she cares and loves for everyone. She's a like a mother, protective and constantly worries about her babies (babies = grown men and women). I cannot even properly explain how extremely amazed I am by her transformation and the only way you can really understand is by reading the books.

Aria + Perry 5ever

I ship those two so much. Every scene I read between them always makes me tear up because their love for each other isn't cheesy or cliche, it's honest and real. I love how they don't demand from each other no matter how much they want to because they both know how much the other is sacrificing and it's something that needs to be done; and that's the thing with those two, they take too much responsibility of things no matter how hard it is. Aria and Perry have the best love story I have ever read, seriously. I can't even...

I can't say that Perry learned to talk more because he's always been a man of few words but it was very eye-opening seeing and reading what he really felt. All that pent up frustration, anguish and anger being released was like seeing a tornado wreck a whole town, it was heartbreaking. It was great that he let it all out because it really showed what he truly felt and it made him face his own demons as well. Perry is literally the most selfless guy I have ever read about because the things he had to endure? I almost blinded myself because of all my tears.

Roar has always been my favorite character of the series and what happened to him killed me and seeing him in Into the Still Blue broke my heart because where was my sexy but funny pirate prince? He was a changed man and even if it hurts to admit it, it was also something he did have to go through. It was just so painful reading how he suffered... Oh, Roar, let me comfort you. (Veronica Rossi is so evil to her characters... but I cannot deny how great an author she is.)

Normally, I hate children but I really enjoyed the scenes with the kids in this book. I adore Cinder and man, that kid had it hard. Okay, I'm just going to say it, this book made me cry all the time. I was pretty much crying throughout the whole thing, not because everything was sad but because it was all very overwhelming, too many emotions. Back to Cinder, it was interesting to see how mature he was. Even though he was really young, he knew what he had to do and that broke my heart even more; that he knew what his responsibility was and what he had to sacrifice, it was just painful. More than that, I loved Perry's relationship with his people and fellow guard people. It was deep, really deep. I can't even go into that without crying right now...

All I can really say is that Into the Still Blue is literally one of the very best endings I have ever read. I can't say I was too shocked with the ending but there are definitely a lot of twists that you will really not expect. Veronica Rossi did such an amazing job concluding her series and I am happy to say that it's one of those endings that you leave you satisfied but will also leave you feeling as if you are missing something... you'll understand once you read it. This was the perfect ending for the Under the Never Sky series and I am so glad that I am a fan of this series because wow, what an honor it was to be given the chance to read Veronica Rossi's books. I am definitely looking forward to her future works!

Rating:

1 comment:

  1. This book and series has it all: great characters, a very well thought out and compelling setting, action, adventure, humor, and even romance. I enjoyed the story, the way I was able to visualize as I read, and root for the good guys. Great story telling and fun to read.
    Top LinkHelpers one way links building service

    ReplyDelete