Sunday, August 24, 2014

17 Book Inspired Nail Art that will Inspire YOU!

I am a HUGE fan of nail art and every time I see someone use their magic nail art powers, I hate myself a tiny bit for not having any artistic talent because holy nailgasm, those peeps are so talented. My nails are envious, haha. So I have decided to compile a few of my favorite book inspired nail art that left my inner fangirl flailing. Get ready to get wow-ed, you guys. (They are randomly ordered, it is just way too hard to rank my favorites. I was also super tempted to include Frozen nail art but I resisted.)


  • Nicole, the goddess responsible for these gorgeous Daughter of Smoke and Bone inspired nails, definitely channeled her inner Karou. The detail - I mean, look at the feather!! - on the nails look great! (Inspired by: Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor)
via @novelnailsdesigns

  • Holy shiny! When I saw these gold babies, I immediately knew that they were inspired by The Great Gatsby. The symmetry of the shapes and lines are really impressive. Can I plz touch? (Inspired by: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald)

via The Nailasaurus

  • Who doesn't love some Stephanie Perkins? When Nicole whipped these bad girls out during the book signing, we all 'ooh-ed' and 'aah-ed' over them. (Inspired by: Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins)
via @novelnailsdesigns
  • I just had to put this one because hello, the Burn Book inspired nails? HELL TO THE MOTHEREFFIN' YES. All hail, The Plastics. (Inspired by: the Burn Book from Mean Girls, film)
via Lissa's Polish Addiction
  • If becoming a Tolkien fan means I'll suddenly have nail art magicky powers, then count me in! Look at the gorgeous elfish calligraphy! So shiny and pretty and preshusssssssss. (Inspired by: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien)
via Flavorwire: 15 Great Works of Literature-Inspired Nail Art

  • I AM FANGIRLING OVER THESE NAILS. *flails* (Inspired by: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell)

via @novelnailsdesigns
(Continuation: thumb)
via @novelnailsdesigns

  • Those are so some sexy nails! *makes whipping sounds* Totally into that, hehe. (Inspired by: the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy by E.L. James)
  • Is that a noose? Why yes, yes it is. Umm... still really beautiful. Eerily beautiful? Murderously beautiful? (Inspired by Come Little Children by D. Melhoff)
via break Rules, not Nails

  • No words. NO. WORDS. Can I please live in your nails because I swear that place look like Atlantis. (Inspired by Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly)

via @thebookishmanicurist

  • Requisite Harry Potter-themed nails. Really liked these compared to the other ones I saw. Love the detailing the artist did, he/she must've used a really slim brush. (Inspired by: the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling)

via Bit Rebels: Creative Harry Potter Inspired Nail Art
  • I absolutely adore these! A refreshing take on book cover nail art, haha. Cutie penguin. (Inspired by: Penguin Books)
via SheSaidBeauty: Digital Dozen Does Books - Day 5 Penguin Books
  • Brings me back to my childhood, these nails are just too cute! (Inspired by: Matilda by Roald Dahl)
via Lacque to the Future: The Blog: Matilda!

  • Those are not tadpoles. So yes, they are sperm. I mean, seriously? Doesn't everyone love sperm? So adorbs! (Inspired by Trouble by Non Pratt)
via @thebookishmanicurist

  • I love these True Blood nails! Don't you? They ended a lot better than the show did. #Patama (Inspired by: the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris)
via Book Nerd Reviews: Nail Art Inspired by Fiction #28

  • They may look slightly simple but I am a hundred percent sure that they aren't. Will have to leave the nail burning to the professionals. (Inspired by: books in general, I guess.) 

via Pinterest
  • I am Team Edward 5EVER and ever but I have to say, these Team Jacob nails are very impressive. And I will reluctantly admit that Jacob is looking very cute in them. Still not switching teams though! I need some Team Edward nails ASAP. (Inspired by: the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer)
via Nails by Coewless

  • OMG! A tiny person! I am seriously so amazed at the obvious time and effort Nicole put into these nails. Asdfghjkl. The pretty. (Inspired by: The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett)

Well that was exhausting, haha. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed all the nail sexiness. And I also hope that you are now all experiencing the envy I feel whenever I think about how talented those people are. Mwahaha!

2 comments:

  1. Nicole rocked so much in this post! And I was amazed by the nails inspired by Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Don't worry i have no talent too but I tried one or two nail arts before..haha

    ReplyDelete